Saint Raymond & St. Leo the Great Church 2916 Paris Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana 70119
Phone: (504)945-8750 Fax: (504)309-1691
Please send all resumes and letters of interest to Fr. Stanley Ihuoma SSJ. : firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of recommendation should be sent to the above: Three letters of recommendation will be needed and at least one from a former manager, one from a core worker/peer.
Application is opened from April 8, 2021 until one is employed
The Parish Secretary serves as the Secretary of the parish under the guidance and direction of the Pastor. The Parish Secretary is responsible for the daily operation of the parish office and interfacing with parishioners and staff, while providing a welcoming environment. The Parish Secretary will also be responsible for relieving and alleviating the Pastor and/or Parochial Vicar of clerical work and minor administrative duties.
- Must be familiar with the general functions of a Catholic Church, liturgies and ministries, and also be competent with the associated vocabulary.
- Should have at least 3-5 years clerical experience; Catholic Church-Parish office experience is strongly desired
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Be self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, while also having familiarity with office equipment and parish software.
- Possess excellent organizational and filing skills.
- Possess trustworthiness, reliability, willingness to maintain confidentiality and the ability to complete routine and delegated assignments in a timely matter are essential.
- High School diploma or equivalent / Associate’s Degree preferred will be the minimum
- Experience in an office environment with general secretarial experience of 3-5 years experience will be preferred.
Responsibilities and Key components of this position include, but are not limited to, the following (Job description)
- Welcomes greet and direct parishioners and visitors. While also responding and providing general information.
- Receive/make Telephone Calls for parish business and deliver messages
- Maintain a current Parish calendar of events and a current schedule of Parish facilities
- Assist pastor with reports required by Archdiocese and other entities.
- Order supplies for the office, church supplies and run errands as needed
- Assist in organizing church and parish activities and events; attend activities as needed. This includes those sponsored by the Archdiocese and other parishes.
- Communicating needs to maintenance staff.
- Interfacing with parishioners, ministry leaders, vendors and others.
- Liaison to St Leo the Great School – by communicating necessary information that concerns both the school and parish.
- Pay bills, record payroll, and record deposits in quick book system
- Record mass intentions and send information to priests
- Type and copy prayer of the faithful each week and present to the pastor for approval
- Post and Prepare Mass Intentions as requested
- Fill out Mass card (if needed) and post-Mass intention to Mass book
Issue cash receipt, and write checks as needed.
- Assist in procurement of various items and services used in church and office, and by parish ministries
- Send Mass cards to family of deceased.
- Coordinate and Maintain Safe Environment Records
- Register New Parishioners
- Handling inquiries for Baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.;
- Input parishioners’ contribution into the parish computer system and prepare tax return letters
- Accurately maintain Sacramental Books (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriage, Deaths)
- Print Baptismal Certificates and enter information into Baptismal book.
Accurately maintain all records
- Receive mails and prepare correspondences as needed (Letters, cards, emails, faxes, etc.)
- Prepare Weekly Parish Bulletin and present to the pastor for approval
- Prepare weekly announcements and present to the pastor for approval
Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Interviews will be scheduled by appointment. The anticipated start date for this position will be July 1st, 2021.